Context: Use puns about your buyer's brand identity in written copy to stop the scroll and cause a chuckle if you're lucky. Most effective when written because it gives your buyer a few extra seconds to catch on.
Data Sources: Business Name, Business Mascot, Business Segment, Business Values
Cybereason - Owl
"Abigail, your reps are probably already firing on owl cylinders. 200% growth last year - congrats!
Just in case coaching feels like a bit of a free-for-owl take a beak at this from Tim Burke, Snr Dir Global Growth Enablement @ Rapid7: https://www.gong.io/case-studies/how-rapid7-secured-an-increase-in-win-rates-using-gong/
That’s owl for now."
"Don't mean to be a know-it-owl Abigail. You're connected with Christine Canfield, VP Inside Sales @ Iron Mountain.
I'm talon you she's a "Gong fangirl" (her words). +148% metric improvement. That's beak performance.
Couldn't give a hoot? Or you owl ears? Either's fine ;-)"
Moogsoft - Cow
"Dale - have you herd? Datto switched from Concur to TripActions and saved 17% on T&E. Legen-dairy...
Mind sharing this with your team? I've tried but it's going in one ear and out the udder.
Cumbl Cookies - Cookies / Baking
In the wild:
More owls. Hootsuite this time.
They even have their own Gifs.
- Puns should feel natural. If you’re struggling to mix puns with your messaging - simplify or pick another play.
- Tell me without telling me. You don't need to say, "Your mascot is an Owl so I'm writing you a punny InMail...". Bonnie did this a touch in her email but it worked.
- It’s never about you. Abigail couldn’t give a hoot whether you held a Snowy old at Harry Potter world. Don’t waste real estate.
- Repurpose copy across all written channels and buying committee. For example. Cybereason has 127 VP and Dir in Sales Function. It may take 15 mins to write the first written touch but the rest will take 1-2 mins each. That's the 1-many payback! Just switch up structure, social proof and offer.
- Continue being punny in your follow-ups.
"Should I throw in the t-owl Abigail? or is it just bad timing off for you to take a beak at this?"
- Get a bunch of opens but no reply? Refer back to your punny copy across spoken channels.
“Abigail, it’s X with Y. The idiot sending the owl pun emails…”
Don't hold back I've got skin tougher than David Goggins.
See you next Tuesday for Episode 3 - Personal Permission Slap